Selecting a suitable behaviourist



Finding a trusted and suitably qualified behaviourist can be tricky. Sadly there are no regulations in the UK as to who can call themselves a pet behaviourist, behavioural therapist or behaviour counsellor. With the help of our in-house, qualified behaviourist we have put together the following list of recognised registers, in order to help you find someone who is appropriately trained and uses up-to-date positive methods.


Veterinary surgeons (MRCVS) with specific behavioural training

COAPE Association of Applied Pet Behaviourists & Trainers (CAPBT)

Association of Pet Behaviour Counsellors (APBC)

Animal Behaviour & Training Council (ABTC)

Association for the Study of Animal Behaviour (ASAB)

Certified Clinical Animal Behaviourists (CCAB)

Fellowship of Animal Behaviour (FAB)